Content

Search This Blog

Short Essay: What does the National Honor Society Mean to Me



The National Honor Society is an organization known nationwide, it’s an opportunity for individuals to connect share and explore different cultures. I recognize this opportunity and I will put forth all my effort to be a successful and contributing member of the Nation Honor Society.
 The essay question asks me what scholarship, leadership, service, and character means to me; the thing is, these four traits are not something that a person is simply born with. It is something that person develops over time due to experiences and just living life. Scholarship is important to me, it’s a characteristic that can define and create a person.  When I think of scholarship I think of academics, extra circulars, being a successful adult, and school in general.  Scholarship is important to me because even though my grades don’t define me, they definitely make a difference in the long run
. Leadership is also important to me, and my future. They say people are not born leaders, they become them; I agree. I was never born a leader in fact I was never “born” with any of the four traits a National Honor Society Member would possess. It took time, influence, and experience for me to become who I am today. Leaders inspire individuals to achieve greatness and to improve on greatness. Leaders have to possess strong and positive beliefs, good morals and values, ethics, knowledge, and a calm level headed mindset. When in group assignments I often take lead leading my group members and making sure that everything is being accomplished, everyone is on task, and most of all we’re all having fun doing it. Service is yet another trait that someone in the National Honor Society should possess.
 To serve and be of service is strongly synced with volunteering and helping the community and people around it.  I am involved in many things to help my community, I am in  D.N.A.W. (Detroit Neighborhood Arts Workshop), a program affiliated with the  C.A.P. (Community Arts Partnership); The 10th Grade Board; and Mustang Ambassadors, a group within the school who connects to help local organizations like Walk for Wishes, Adopt a Child, Gleaners, American Heart Association, R.E.A.D. and Bully Week. I strongly believe in giving back to my community because that is what shapes our future leaders and scholars of today.
Character wraps all the traits in one.  Character is what makes you, you; what people think of you, how you define yourself. Character and integrity go hand and hand; it’s what you do when no one is around to see. Having good morals and a great definition of who you are, what you are, and who you want to become keeps you on the right track to being a successful young adult and someone with good character. Character is what sets me aside from the rest, I believe that being different expressive and having individuality makes me a great asset to being a member of the National Honor Society.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Itzbaileyable . Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Follow Me With Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin