Content

Search This Blog

“We are innovation, we are spontaneous.”

This post is an adaptation of my Dreaming in the Clouds poem, instead it tells about my mother and her experiences. Happy Birthday Mom.


“We are innovation, we are spontaneous.”

“I am innovation, I am spontaneous.”
I am a middle child with one older sister and two younger brothers. Though, I felt like the oldest. I was a rock, I supported my younger brothers when things were rough, and I wasn’t afraid to through the first punch. I was my sister best friend now, and I still am today.
“I wonder what will happen as my future unfolds…”
I went on from Redford High School to graduate from Lawrence Technological University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Interior Architecture and later on a Master’s of Science in Construction Management from Eastern Michigan University.
“I hear snow prance with gentle footsteps across my bedroom floor”
I am the mother of a seventeen year old daughter. She’s vibrant, intelligent and beautiful.
As a young girl she would prance across my bedroom singing songs and telling stories of her miraculous and imaginative dreams.
“I see buildings and remnants of what once were…”
I was born in Mississippi but moved to Detroit at a very young age. My mother and father owned a farm in Mississippi, where they lived near the reservations of our ancestors.
“I want love and a reason to believe”
I have love, and a reason to believe. I love my daughter and I believe in her and her bright future.

“I am innovation, I am spontaneous.”
I am 46 years young, young at heart and I have a youthful appearance. I am spontaneous and full of spunk. I am innovative and always thinking of something new and problem-solving.
“I touch clouds full of dreams, I worry that someday I will no longer dream “
I lived through the election of President Barack Obama, which has shown me that hard work does pay off and that timing is everything.
“I try to imagine the worlds I see in the clouds full of dreams…”
The biggest change in the way people live their everyday lives is how social media has taken control over how we communicate and express ideas.
 The best years of my life so far are the past seventeen years of raising my daughter.
“I cry when I look at my reflections and no longer see… me.”
Today, I see a change in youth morals and elderly respect is not common. I advise my younger reflections to take advantage of all the opportunities that are available. Attentiveness in school and developing skills to be a critical thinker are skills that make life easier and successful.
“I understand what it means to live.”
Do not be afraid to succeed and that it is okay to stand out and be different. I have experienced discrimination, but I have learned from the mistakes of others and make myself stronger.
 
Become innovation, Stay spontaneous.


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Itzbaileyable . Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Follow Me With Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin