Content

Search This Blog

My Internship: Journal Entry 1


College for Creative Studies: Product Design Department
Week #0 and 1
2/2- 2/9 and 2/10-2/17


The first week of my internship was a slow experience. I was greeted by Mr. Schock, where we sat in the college office and discussed my goals for the practicum placement, what the placement was for, and what I ultimately wanted to learn from the experience. I worked with Steve Schock to define what my final product would be and what questions would help set the goal of my experience. We discussed what Senior Defense was, and how my practicum placement would significantly impact my success rate.
Then, Mr. Schock took me to look at the student work. He discussed the class he was teaching in the mornings. He is teaching a Warrior Inspired Studio, of which I can sit in on and work with students at any time. The Warrior Studio is a class where students are working with designers straight from the studio to design apparel for the different sports they focus on, specifically hockey. I was invited to a mini exhibition on Friday, but couldn’t attend because of the snow-day and a lack of transportation.
I met students and spoke to one student who was designing a bench for outside usage; his concept was to an attractive piece of artwork that could be functional piece of furniture as well. His design was simple, sleek, and clean. It reminded me of mid-century modern designs I had done summers before when I studied product design.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Itzbaileyable . Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

Follow Me With Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin